Steel buildings are our forte, and our most durable building. Designed to look sharp, last long, and serve well.
- 29 gauge commercial steel side walls
- Thicker 26 gauge on gable and peak style roofs. (Barns are 29 gauge painted steel)
- 3/4 cdx plywood floor deck with 2×6′s 16″ on center floor joists (just like a pier and beam home)
- triple studded wall corners and 2×4′s 2′ on center
- double 2×6 roof rafters or 2×4 trusses on 2′ Centers
Masonite is the name for commercial hardboard siding. It is also simply referred to as “hardboard”. This type of siding is made of wood products and a binder.
A building with masonite will give you good looking wood-feel. This is a durable option, though still requires paint and repellants to avoid rot and expansion damage.